#959 – Avengers: Age of Ultron Trailer
Yesterday afternoon my Twitter feed exploded with news that the trailer for Avengers: Age of Ultron had leaked. I usually don’t like leaked trailers because of their terrible quality. As excited as I am for Age of Ultron, though, I couldn’t resist and I found the leaked trailer. I watched it and was totally blown away, even in 480p.
Marvel responded to the leak with a great sense of humor. Marvel’s tweet about the leak was absolutely hilarious and it released an official trailer in glorious 1080p. If you’ve yet to watch the trailer (is there anyone who hasn’t?) you can watch it below.
Here are some thoughts I had after watching the trailer.
- James Spader: Marvel’s potential greatest strength is its casting. Robert Downey Jr. couldn’t have been any more perfect as Tony Stark and that casting has helped anchor the Marvel Cinematic Universe. I only know James Spader from his turn as Robert California on The Office. He was spectacularly creepy in that role and he’s definitely bringing a menacing creepiness to Ultron.
- The Twins: Wanda and Pietro Maximoff appeared in the stinger at the end of Captain America: The Winter Soldier. They were in the custody of Hydra and Baron Strucker but in the trailer they seem to be working with Ultron. I can’t wait to see how the Scarlet Witch and Quicksilver end up with Ultron and ultimately the Avengers.
- I’ve Got No Strings: “I’ve Got No Strings” is the perfect song for the trailer. The version of the song is totally unnerving and unsettling. The song creates an atmosphere of fear as Ultron wreaks havoc all over the world.
- Civil War: It looks like Ultron does his fair share of damage around the globe and it looks like Tony holds himself partially responsible. If one of Tony’s creations is responsible for countless deaths, it’s possible that he could push for Super Hero Registration.
- Vision: If Ultron is the super villain that comes from Tony’s work, then Vision is Ultron’s heroic counterpart. I was bummed that Vision wasn’t in this trailer but his absence just makes me more excited to see him.
- Hulkbuster: The Hulkbuster armor definitely has the greatest wow factor of anything in the trailer. I don’t know why the Hulk goes crazy and needs to fight Tony but I can’t wait to see it. Seriously, how awesome does that fight scene look?
This is a great teaser trailer for Avengers: Age of Ultron. It shows how menacing Ultron is, creates interest for the Scarlet Witch and Quicksilver, and gives us a preview of what’s bound to be an epic battle between Iron Man and the Hulk. The only bad part about watching the trailer is realizing that the movie doesn’t come out for another 189 days.
What did you think about the trailer for Avengers: Age of Ultron?