The 2014 San Diego Comic-Con has come and gone. Even though I’ve never been, last week I detailed some of my Comic-Cons and Pros. In spite of the large crowds, long lines and people with questionable hygiene, it still would have been awesome to go to Comic-Con.
I wasn’t in San Diego this weekend but I was glued to my Twitter feed. There was a lot of news to come out of Comic-Con this weekend; check out some of the highlights below.
- It was announced that Godzilla 2 will hit theaters in the next few years. Gareth Edwards will be back to direct and the new movie will feature three classic Godzilla monsters: Rodan, Mothra and Ghidorah. I really liked this year’s Godzilla and would like to see the big guy take on some more monsters.
- Zack Snyder was busy promoting Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice. I read that he showed a teaser trailer, which featured and angry Batman and Superman staring each other down. Snyder also shared this new image of Ben Affleck as Batman.
- Along with the new image of Batman and the teaser trailer shown in Hall H, Warner Bros. also released the first official image of Gal Gadot as Wonder Woman. I really like the costume. It’s not as patriotic as Lynda Carter’s costume, but there’s not doubting it’s Wonder Woman.
- Even though he’s done with Batman, Christopher Nolan was at Comic-Con discussing Interstellar. I think Nolan is a tremendous director and I will definitely see Interstellar in the theaters. This isn’t the Comic-Con trailer, but it’s a trailer that I saw for the first time this weekend.
- Marvel took center stage on Saturday night with bits of information for some of its upcoming projects. Marvel’s first panel was for Ant-Man, during which it was announced that Yellowjacket and Janet Van Dyne would be in the movie. I’m still a little bummed that Edgar Wright left Ant-Man but I have faith that Marvel knows what it’s doing.
- After Ant-Man the Avengers took the stage. Robert Downey Jr., Chris Hemsworth, Chris Evans, Mark Ruffalo, Samuel L. Jackson, Cobie Smulders, Jeremy Renner, Aaron Taylor-Johnson, Elizabeth Olson, James Spader and Paul Bettany were all present for the panel. Apparently the trailer was awesome, the most awesome part being the Hulk fighting Tony in the Hulkbuster armor.
- Marvel also released the final character posters for Avengers: Age of Ultron, the complete picture which you can be seen below. It’s an awesome poster but I’m most excited for Vision flying up in the corner.
- Towards the end of Marvel’s panel, James Brolin came out donning an Infinity Gauntlet. James Brolin is going to make an awesome Thanos and I can’t wait to see the Avatar of Death.
- Finally, Marvel announced that Guardians of the Galaxy 2 is locked and loaded for a release on July 28, 2017. By already locking in and announcing the sequel, Marvel is showing a lot of faith in James Gunn and Guardians of the Galaxy.
- I tried watching Mad Max once and was completely bored out of my mind. This trailer, though, for Mad Max: Fury Road looks pretty awesome.
I’ve decided that I’m really going to try to make it to Comic-Con next year. I don’t want to wait in line for Hall H, but I wouldn’t mind checking out the exhibits and all of the collectibles. Maybe if enough of The Christian Nerd community wants to go, we can all hang out at Comic-Con and then go to church together.
What news from Comic-Con most excited you?