#844 – Sad Batman
Earlier this week Zack Snyder released the first image of Ben Affleck as Batman from Batman vs. Superman. The photo also included a glimpse of the new Batmobile, which appears to be a good mix of Tim Burton’s and Christopher Nolan’s Batmobiles.
I loved the image and the look of the Batsuit. There have been so many iterations of the suit, but they have all been iconic. I like the smaller ears on this suit but I’m not sold on the logo on the chest.
While reaction to the image has been mixed, most everyone agrees that Batman looks sad, which has led to the #sadbatman hashtag. You can find some great images with that hashtag, but here are some reasons that Batman might be sad.
- That nerd Bill Gates passed him as the richest man in the world again.
- He wishes he could smile half as much as the Joker.
- The Gotham City Rogues didn’t draft Johnny Manziel.
- 14 years after seeing Finding Forrester, Alfred continues to say, “You’re the man now, dog.”
- Worried that Selina might be turning into a crazy cat lady.
- The Penguin has a more loveable symbol.
- Robin used the Wayne Enterprises credit card to buy tickets to see Justin Bieber and Miley Cyrus.
- Donald Sterling stole his title of “World’s Most Eccentric Billionaire.”
- Last week he accidentally called Chase “Vickie.”
- Tinder for Billionaires is just a bunch of old dudes and cyber nerds.
- He can’t believe people like thin crust pizza from Metropolis more than deep-dish pizza from Gotham.
- Sick of telling Robin that his hipster satchel doesn’t fly free on the Batjet.
- Tesla won’t make an electric Batmobile.
- Why work out so much if black is such a slimming color?
- Robin cried for some reason when they went to the circus together.
- Tired of Commissioner Gordon using the Bat Signal to impress his wife on date night.
- Can solve all of the Riddler’s schemes but has trouble with the Gotham Times crossword puzzle.
- His parents were murdered in front of his eyes.
Batman vs. Superman is still almost two years away. I’m sure there will be a lot more to get excited about, but seeing the new Batsuit for the first time is pretty awesome. I’ve still got some concerns over Batman vs. Superman, but I can’t imagine they’ll keep me from seeing it opening weekend. If I have a kid by then, though, he or she might.
Why else would Batman be sad?