Before it premiered I was as excited for anyone else for Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. Now that we’re over halfway through the first season, I’m still excited for Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. That’s not an entirely popular stance among nerds, but I can’t help it. I get excited to watch Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. every week. Friday nights after church and after dinner is S.H.I.E.L.D. time and I miss it when it’s not there.
Mostly I like Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. because I like Marvel’s Cinematic Universe. I am fully invested in Marvel’s movies and I love having a bit of its Cinematic Universe on my TV every week. Some episodes are better than others and it’s not the greatest show ever. I can look past most of its flaws, though, because I’m just so giddy that I get to see something new from Marvel 22 times a season.
Here are some other reasons why I like Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D.
- I really like Agent Coulson and I’m glad that he’s alive, even if S.H.I.E.L.D. was super shady in bringing him back to life.
- I really like FitzSimmons; they may be my favorite part of the show.
- For a television show, the action is pretty good. May and Ward have been part of some pretty awesome fight scenes.
- I like the references they make to New York. A world that saw an alien invasion would be transformed by it.
- Like Joss Whedon’s other shows, I can see the relationships starting to progress. It took some time but the relationships are starting to form among the team.
- It was cool to see Lady Sif in an episode since she didn’t have that much to do in Thor: The Dark World.
- I like that S.H.I.E.L.D. isn’t a squeaky clean organization. They aren’t perfect in the comics and it’s nice to see that come out in the show.
- Shepherd Book as a doctor is all right but I prefer him has Shepherd Book.
I could probably come up with a list of reasons why I don’t like Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. but I generally try to look on the brighter side of my nerdclinations. I could be cynical and angry every time I watch Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D., but I’d much rather enjoy myself. Comic books are supposed to be fun and I have fun when watching S.H.I.E.L.D.
And I’ll be all right if that makes me a bad nerd.
What are your thoughts about Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. so far?