After my bout with the flu last week I am back to 100%. Part of me wanted to get healthy because we have winter camp this coming weekend. Mostly, though, I wanted to get healthy so I could watch the Super Bowl.
I’ve been pretty upfront about my love for sports. I know that most nerds cringe at the thought of athletic competition, but I love watching and playing sports. I love the NFL and, even though my Bears weren’t in it, I was super excited to watch the Super Bowl.
Here are some nerdier observations I had while watching the Super Bowl and its commercials.
- Captain America: The Winter Soldier looks awesome. The newest trailer gives us more information about the Winter Soldier himself and a better look at a lot of the action. I was already excited for The Winter Soldier but now I can’t wait for April 4.
- A lot of people wanted the Broncos to win because they like Peyton Manning. I have nothing against Peyton Manning except his giant head reminds me of M.O.D.O.K.
- I thought I was done with the Transformers movies. I was really excited and enjoyed the first Transformers. The sequels, however, were terrible, racist and incomprehensible. I had sworn off anything to do with Autobots and Decepticons. And then this happened…
- I was pulling for the Broncos because my best friend is a huge Broncos fan. I wasn’t too upset to see the Seahawks win, though. Derrick Coleman has an inspiring story and seems very generous. And Russell Wilson apparently loves Jesus a lot and wants to share that love any way he can.
- Also, 8 out of 10 times when I think about the Seahawks I think about the Silverhawks.
- I dug the halftime show. Bruno Mars has a great Motown vibe going.
- I don’t know how I feel about The Amazing Spider-Man 2. I didn’t like the first one, mostly because it was a rehash of Sam Raimi’s Spider-Man. The sequel looks overstuffed with villains but Andrew Garfield is a very likeable Peter Parker.
Even though it may hurt my nerd cred, I love the Super Bowl. I love football and I’m already looking forward to September 4 for next season’s kickoff.
What were your favorite nerdy parts of the Super Bowl?