It’s New Year’s resolution time. We’re a week into the New Year and hopefully all of our resolutions are still going strong. I’ll share some of my more serious resolutions later this week. Today, though, I wanted to share some of my 2014 Nerdy Resolutions. I would also love to hear some of your nerdy resolutions for this year.
- Lost or Fringe: Last year I resolved to get caught up with Doctor Who. I fulfilled that resolution and now I have nine or so months before the Doctor returns. With that time I feel like I can watch either Lost or Fringe. I haven’t watched either show and I feel like it’s about time to catch up on smoke monsters and parallel universes.
- The Dark Tower Series: I recently started reading The Gunslinger by Stephen King. My friend Jeremy told me about the series earlier last year and I finally got around to starting it. I’m enjoying it so far and can’t wait to see how the adventures of Roland Deschain unfold.
- A Feast for Crows: I’ve watched some episodes of HBO’s Game of Thrones and have read the books that have corresponded with the first three seasons. I’m planning on reading A Feast for Crows this year, if only to hold spoilery threats over my friends who only watch the show.
- Mass Effect 2 and Mass Effect 3: Last year I played through the original Mass Effect again so I could be better prepared for its two sequels. Unfortunately, after beating Mass Effect and getting a few hours into Mass Effect 2, I stopped playing. I want to know what happens to Captain Shepard and I don’t want to find out on Wikipedia.
- The Walking Dead: I’m resolving to keep avoiding The Walking Dead. I drink enough coffee; I don’t need something else keeping me up at night.
- Classic Doctor Who: Last year Alycia and I added Hulu Plus to our entertainment arsenal. Hulu has a lot of the classic Doctor Who serials. They’re a little blurry and can be a little slow, but watching them will definitely up my nerd cred.
- Guardians of the Galaxy: I am more excited for Guardians of the Galaxy than I am for any other movie this year. I think Marvel’s biggest risk is going to pay off huge. I’m a little sad that fat Andy Dwyer was sacrificed for a Guardians movie but I think it will be worth it. (Look out how awesome that picture is!!!)
I think I’ve got my nerdy bases covered with the above list. I’m already looking forward to 2014, both as a nerd and as someone hoping to grow, change and become more like Christ. Thankfully we can become more like Christ and embrace our nerdiness at the same time.
What nerdy resolutions are you making for 2014?