#640 – Patience
This week my devotional has been focusing on patience. I’ve been reading different psalms about waiting on the Lord and trusting in him. Patience allows us to wait for God’s best when we’d rather settle for immediate gratification.
I don’t think it’s any coincidence that I’m reading about patience the same week that Comic Con has kicked off. Even after only one day there is so much coming out of San Diego about which to get excited. Here are some news and notes that require a little patience.
- Fox unveiled the first look at a Sentinel from X-Men: Days of Future Past. I’m a little worried that DOFP has too many mutants and too many characters. I hope it doesn’t suffer from the same issues as X-Men 3 and Spider-Man 3.
- Some new clips from Ender’s Game were unveiled. I just started reading the book in order to prepare myself for the movie. I’m not that far into the book and I don’t even know who Harrison Ford is playing.
- There was also a video for The Amazing Spider-Man 2 that revealed Jamie Foxx as Electro. I wasn’t a big fan of The Amazing Spider-Man but hopefully its sequel doesn’t waste as much time on the same boring origin story. Also, I think that thing might happen to Gwen Stacy, which would be awesome.
- There’s a new Godzilla movie coming out and Topless Robot went through an exhibit promoting the movie. After watching Pacific Rim I don’t know if I need to see any giant fighting monsters for a while.
- There was a lot of excitement at Comic Con over a movie called Divergent. Apparently it’s based on another series of books for young adults. I wish I were still a young adult; then the world of entertainment would be tailored specifically for me.
Patience is a virtue, one that Comic Con and all its awesome nerdiness can help develop in us. There are a lot of reasons God wants us to learn patience; I’m sure dealing with the excitement of nerdclinations is one of them. Probably not the most important, but still a reason.
What Comic Con news has you excited?