#503 – Nerdy 2013
2012 was a great year for nerds. The Avengers was awesome. Nintendo released its new console. The world finally got the iPhone 5. There was plenty for nerds to be excited about last year. Looking ahead the same holds true for 2013.
Here are some of the nerdier things I’m looking forward to in 2013.
- Iron Man 3: I love the Avengers and everything about them. I’m looking forward to Robert Downey, Jr.’s third go around as Tony Stark.
- A Storm of Swords: I’ve been reading each book of A Song of Ice and Fire before the season premieres of the show A Game of Thrones. I’m looking forward to reading A Storm of Swords before season three premieres in March.
- Fantasy football: I know the NFL regular season just finished but I’m already looking forward to fantasy football again, especially since I was champion for the first time!
- Arrested Development: I’m so excited to for the new season of Arrested Development. If only Netlfix could resurrect Better Off Ted, Firefly and Pushing Daisies.
- iPhone 5S: I’m not available for an upgrade for a while so I might just hold out for the iPhone 5S; I’m sure it will be infinitely cooler and more hip.
- The Next SongPop: I don’t play a lot of games on my phone but I am addicted to SongPop. I don’t know what game will replace SongPop but I’m excited to waste hours playing it while ignoring my loved ones.
- G.I. Joe: Retaliation: I was really looking forward to G.I. Joe last year but that excitement has waned since it was pushed back. Hopefully it will be good and hopefully they still kill off Channing Tatum.
- Xbox 720: I’ve read rumors on the Interwebs that the next Xbox is supposed to come out this year. Even though I don’t have as much time to play video games as I used to, I’m excited for a new console from Microsoft.
- Episode 7 Director: I’m looking forward to finding out who will direct Episode 7. It won’t reveal everything about the movie but will give us some idea of the direction Disney is taking.
- Thor: The Dark World: I really liked Thor and can’t wait to see Chris Hemsworth swinging Mjölnir again.
- Star Trek Into Darkness: I want to go to there.
- The Hobbit: The Desolation of Smaug: The Hobbit: An Unexpected Journey was great and I can’t wait to see its sequel.
- Harry Potter: I’m excited to finish The Deathly Hallows and then watch all eight movies.
- S.H.I.E.L.D.: We’re going to get a piece of the Marvel Cinematic Universe every week!
2013 is going to be a great year for nerds. Sure, I’m excited for all of the things God is going to do this year. But, mixed in with the excitement over holy things, we should allow ourselves some excitement for nerdy things.
What nerdy things are you looking forward to this year?